ECE 4760: Homework 4
- Describe in detail why there is a diode across the motor in lab 4. Include direction
of inductive current flow during each part of the PWM cycle.
- Explain why you need hysteresis on the comparator in lab 4.
- You bring up TRT with three tasks and it continually resets. List at least 4 reasons why it might be happening.
- What MCU hardware is used by TRT? Assume example one on the TRT page.
Can you use timer0 for your own code? How about timer1 and timer2?
- Describe how you are going to break down the exercise into tasks.
- Describe the variables which will need to be shared between tasks.
- Assuming 1000 rpm for the fan motor, what prescalar setting will you use on timer 2?
August 5, 2014