ECE 4760: Homework 4
- Describe in detail why there is a diode across the motor in lab 4. Include direction
of inductive current flow during each part of the PWM cycle.
- Explain why you need hysteresis on the comparator in lab 4.
- What MCU hardware is used by ProtoThreads?
Can you use timer2 for your own code? How about timer3and timer5?
- Describe how you are going to break down the exercise into threads.
- Describe the variables which will need to be shared between threads.
- Assuming 1000 rpm for the fan motor, what prescalar setting will you use on the capture timer?
October 19, 2015