ECE 4760: Homework 5
Submit an initial specification and design for your final project. See lab 5 for more details. The total
length should be 2 to 5 pages.
We will use this specification to decide whether the project is suitable for the course, and if it has a reasonable probability of success.
This document should include:
- A page describing the project at a high level (e.g. rationale, user interface,
- A tentative parts cost list.
- A paragraph describing the societal impact of your project. This might include:
- A paragraph describing the standards (IEEE, ISO, ANSI, etc) relevant to
- safety considerations (lasers?, wires connected to human?)
- human factors and usability
- interface design considerations for people with special needs (e.g. color blindness, sight resolution)
- Intellectual property considerations. (music clips?, code?, images?)
- If you use any RF transmitter, include compliance information with FCC
- Other legal considerations such as FDA or motor vehicle codes.
- A first pass of the program you will write, including:
- A block diagram or pseuocode
- Tentative source code (if you have it)
- A tentative schematic for any hardware you need to build.
- A parts list with specific parts types, so that we can see if we have
Copyright Cornell University
September 24, 2018