What we bought:
CUI Stack Circular DIN Connector
Right Angle Front Shielded Recepticle
0.90 x 1
CUI Stack Audio Connector
Stereo Audio Jack
1.00 x 2
4 AA Battery Pack
4.99 x 1
8-bit A/D convertor
4.10 x 1
8-bit D/A convertor
2.56 x 1
1.05 x 1
1.73 x 1
1,048,576 bit, word addressable
6.00 x 1
Hindsight is always 20/20!
After the dust had settled:
- The SRAM we bought was surface mount (BIG mistake), and it ended up being easier to simply use the SRAM
Prof. Land already had. (32K)
- We bought the wrong optoisolator. We needed a current-controlled one, and bought a voltage controlled one.
It was straightforward to make the necessary circuit modifications.
- The A/D worked as expected.
- The DAC was surface mount. dammit! don't ever buy surface mount. The dac was approximately the size of a pillbug. Yay. We ended up giving up trying to solder to it and bought a new, larger one.
- We never ended up using the battery pack. Simpler to use the external power supply.
- All interface jacks were used as expected.