Some functionality had to be left out due to time restrictions.
Possible improvements include:
- Use of dynamic sensor control: We would have like to have more
control over the train starting and stopping positions using all four
sensors as starting and stopping points.
- Better speed optimization: A few bugs in the code cause the train to
speed up to over 60%, regardless of the previous speed. More time in
debugging code would have eliminated this error.
- More programming options: When programming the train, control of the
speed and more dynamic positioning so it could be stopped at any sensor.
- Different track styles and shapes: Using the micro-controller it
would have been possible to control different shapes of track, such as a
figure 8 or other complicated shapes.
- More trains at once: Further development in hardware would have
allowed for more than one train to be running and collisions avoidance would
have been interesting.