EE 476: Homework 1
- Read all of Lab 1. You should come to lab with a good first draft of the
code assignment, but the code is not part of this homework.
- List all jumpers which should be installed for the first lab assignment
and describe why you need each one. Assume that the mcu operates at Vcc=5
- Estimate the Thevinin equvalent output resistance of an i/o pin from the
Mega32 data sheet. There will be two separate estimates corresponding to whether
the output is logic-high or logic-low.
- Assuming that an LED has a turn-on voltage of about 1.5 volts, and draws
about 20 millamps, how many LEDs can you operate from the i/o ports before
exceeding the chip rating.
- Produce a state-transition diagram for the Lab 1 reaction time tester, based
on the diagram given in class. Be sure to consider what will happen if the
slow human holds down a button for too long.
- Describe how you will implement the random number generator required in
lab 1 to make a variable waiting time.