EE 476: Homework 1
- Read all of Lab 1. You should come to lab with a good first draft of the
code assignment, but the code is not part of this homework.
- Refering to the protoboard
design page (and, of course, the Mega32 datasheet), describe the function
of each of the components connected to pins 9, 10, 30,31,32 of the MCU.
- Estimate the Thevinin equvalent output resistance of an i/o pin from the
Mega32 data sheet. There will be two separate estimates corresponding to whether
the output is logic-high or logic-low.
- Look up the specifications (foward voltage and current) for a typical LED.
Use these specifications to justify the choice of 300 ohms for the resistor
on the lower right side of the protoboard
design (revision 2).
- Produce a state-transition diagram for the Lab 1 reaction time tester, based
on the diagram given in class. Be sure to consider what will happen if the
slow human holds down a button for too long.