ECE 4760: Homework 1
July 2, 2018
- Read the policy page.
This is the implicit contract you are agreeing to by taking the course.
- Further reading for lab 1 is at Reading assignments and includes
Reference Manual sections 12, 14, 15
PIC32 Peripheral Libraries for MPLAB C32 Compiler sections 10, 11, 12
- Read all of Lab 1.
- From the PIC32 data sheet:
What is the maximum current you can draw from any i/o pin?
What is the maximum current you can source from the sum of all pins.
- Estimate the Thevinin equvalent output resistance of an i/o pin from the
PIC32 data sheet. Use table 29-9.
There will be two separate estimates corresponding to whether
the output is logic-high or logic-low.
- There is a 5-step procedure for measuring the capacitance given in lab 1.
Estimate the time required in step 1 to discharge the capacitor 99%.
- Since the internal reference has 5% possible error, you will need to calibrate your specific MCU.
Also, the resistors we will be using have a error range of 5%.
There could also be a fixed time bias in the timing of the measurement.
Explain how you will do linear regression to calibrate the measurement slope and intercept.