337 Frank H. T. Rhodes
Administrative Assistant: T. Daniel Richter, 314 Rhodes Hall, tdr27
at cornell dot edu, 607-255-4643
School of ECE, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Phone: 607-255-4803, FAX: 607-255-9072
email: atang at
ece dot cornell dot edu
Since Fall 2007, I have been teaching in the School of
ECE at Cornell as an assistant professor. (Research
2012-2013 Teaching Schedule
- ECE 5800 Control and Optimization of Information Networks (2013 Spring)
- ECE 4800 Optimal System Analysis and Design (2012 Fall)
Selected Research Papers:
- A. Wierman, L. Andrew, and A. Tang. Power-Aware
Speed Scaling in Processor Sharing Systems: Optimality and Robustness,
Performance Evaluation,69(12):601-622, December 2012.
- F. Paganini, A. Tang, A. Ferragut and L. Andrew. Network
Stability under Alpha Fair Bandwidth Allocation with General File Size Distribution,
IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 57(3):579-591, March 2012.
- M. Wang, C. Tan, W. Xu and A. Tang. Cost
of Not Splitting in Routing: Characterization and Estimation, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking,19(6):1849-1859, December 2011.
- A. Anandkumar, N. Michael, A. Tang, and A. Swami. Distributed
Algorithms for Learning and Cognitive Medium Access with Logarithmic Regret,
IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications,29(4):731-745, April 2011.
- C. Lim and A. Tang, Dynamic Speed Scaling
and Load Balancing of Interconnected Queues, Proceedings of ITA Workshop
- A. Tang, L. Andrew, K. Jacobsson, K. Johansson, H. Hjalmarsson and S.
Low. Queue Dynamics with Window Flow
Control, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 18(5): 1422-1435, October
- A. Tang, D. Wei, S. Low and M. Chiang. Equilibrium
of Heterogeneous Congestion Control: Optimality and Stability, IEEE/ACM
Transanctions on Networking, 18(3):844-857, June 2010.
- Z. Liu, A. Tang, C. Xia and L. Zhang, A
Decentralized Control Mechanism for Stream Processing Networks, Annuals
of Operations Research, 170(1): 161-182, Sep, 2009
- L. Andrew, A. Wierman and A. Tang. Optimal
Speed Scaling under Arbitrary Power Functions, Sigmetrics Performance
Evaluation Review, 37(2): 39-41, September 2009.
- K. Jacobsson, L. Andrew, A. Tang, S. Low and H. Hjalmarsson. An
Improved Link Model for Window Flow Control and Its Application to FAST
TCP, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control: 54(3):551-564, March 2009.
- A. Wierman, L. Andrew and A. Tang. Power-Aware
Speed Scaling in Processor Sharing Systems, Proceedings of IEEE Infocom
- G. Ezovski, A. Tang and L. Andrew. Minimizing
Average Finish Time in P2P Networks, Proceedings of IEEE Infocom 2009.
- A. Tang, L. Andrew, M. Chiang and S. Low. Transport
layer, in Wiley Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Engineering, John
Wiley & Sons Inc., December 2008.
- A. Tang and L. Andrew. Game Theory
of Heterogeneous Flow Control, Proceedings of CISS, 2008.
- J. Lee, A. Tang, J. Huang, M. Chiang and A. Calderbank. Reverse-Engineering
MAC: A Non-Cooperative Game Model, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in
Communications, 25(6):1135-1147, August 2007.
- A. Tang, J. Wang, S. Low and M. Chiang. Equilibrium
of Heterogeneous Congestion Control: Existence and Uniqueness, IEEE/ACM
Transanctions on Networking, 15(4):824-837, August 2007.
- M. Chiang, D. Shah and A. Tang. Stochastic
Stability Under Fair Bandwidth Allocation: General File Size Distribution.
Proceedings of Annual Allerton Conference, 2006
- A. Tang, J. Wang and S. Low. Counter Intuitive
Throughput Behaviors of Networks under End-to-end Control, IEEE/ACM
Transactions on Networking, 14(2):355-368, April 2006.
- A. Tang, J. Wang, S. Hedge and S. Low. Equilibrium
and Fairness of Networks Shared by TCP Reno and Vegas/FAST, Telecommunication
Systems Journal, 30(4):417-439, December 2005.
- A. Tang, J. Wang and S. Low. Understanding
CHOKe: Throughput and Spatial Characteristics, IEEE/ACM Transaction on
Networking, 12(4): 694-707, August 2004.
Sparse Recovery and Its Applications to Network
- M. Wang, W. Xu, E. Mallada and A. Tang. Sparse
Recovery with Graph Constraints: Fundamental Limits and Measurement Construction.
Proceedings of IEEE Infocom 2012.
- W. Xu, M.Wang and A. Tang. On State Estimation with Bad Data Detection.
Proceedings of IEEE CDC 2011.(Journal version draft: Sparse
Recovery from Nonlinear Measurements with Applications in Bad Data Detection
for Power Networks)
- M. Wang, W. Xu and A. Tang. On the Performance
of Sparse Recovery via Lp-minimization (0<=p<=1),
IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 57(11):7255-7278, November 2011.
- W. Xu, E. Mallada and A. Tang. Compressive
Sensing over Graphs. Proceedings of IEEE Infocom 2011.
- M. Wang, W. Xu and A. Tang. A Unique ``Nonnegative'' Solution to an Underdetermined
System: from Vectors to Matrices, IEEE Transactions on Signal
Processing, 59(3):1007-1016, March 2011.
Distributed Synchronization over Networks:
- W. Xu and A. Tang, A Generalized Coupon Collector Problem,
Journal of Applied Probability, 48(4):1081-1094, December 2011.
- N. Michael, M. Nikolov, A. Tang G. Suh and C. Batten, Analysis
of Application-Aware On-Chip Routing under Traffic Uncertainty, Proceedings
of ACM NOCS, 2011.
- K. Jacobsson, L. Andrew and A. Tang, Stability
and Robustness Conditions Using Frequency Dependent Half Planes, Proceedings
of IEEE CDC, 2009.
- A. Tang, A. Simsek, A. Ozdaglar and D. Acemoglu, On
the Stability of P-Matrices, Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 426(1):
22-32, October 2007.
- A. Tang and K. Gong, Study on Power Azimuth
Spectrum of Wireless Channel in Microcell Environments, Proceedings
of IEEE PIMRC, 2003.